MANGO & TURMERIC SMOOTHIE BOWL
Chicago, you were E P I C!
After only one day in this incredible city I knew I was in love and wanted to come back here again. The gardens, the architecture, the museums, the restaurants (and the wine!) I loved it all! And we were lucky to have perfect weather for our entire stay. If you haven't done so already you need to add Chicago to your bucket list. We spent a blissful 2 weeks soaking up family time, glorious weather and a beautiful family wedding was the cherry on top!
And boy, oh boy, does America know how to serve up a never ending stream of hamburgers, pizzas and hotdogs! After almost a month in America I was ready to get back home to load up on fresh colourful salads, cold pressed juices and my favourite smoothie bowls.
Arriving back at the very beginning of the mango season meant this smoothie bowl was first up on the list. It's loaded with anti-inflammatory benefits from the fresh turmeric and cinnamon and it tastes D E L I C I O U S!
This will be a regular on the breakfast menu over the summer months, enjoy!
Vegan, Refined Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 C of Frozen Mango
- 1 T Nut Butter of choice
- 1 tsp Maca Powder (omit if making this for children)
- 1 tsp Fresh Turmeric (or powdered)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 C of Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
TOPPINGS - I used berries, acai-berry powder and Cacao Crunch Granola. You can use ANYTHING you like!
- Place all ingredient in a high powered food processor (I use a thermomix) and blend on medium - high speed for 15-30 seconds or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Place into a serving bowl and add toppings of choice.
- Eat immediately and ENJOY!