PB Choc Chip Nice-Cream
And just like that the school holidays are OVER! The last two weeks we unplugged and took a social media break and a little break from the kitchen too! It was nice to reset and recharge and come back ready to whip up some delicious creations once again.
Nanny jetset off to Melbourne to expand her knowledge and skill with Raw Living Australia. The vegan cakes she bought home for taste testing were absolutely DIVINE and we can not wait for everyone to get their first taste of these beauties!
Meanwhile, my last two weeks have been filled with park picnics, treasure hunts, babycino dates and sunshine-filled adventures. But now that those lazy and leisurely mornings are over and school is back I am looking forward to not having to share my PB Choc Chip Nice-Cream with any little people!
This bowl of wholefood goodness is seriously so yummy, and put together in nearly no time at all. PB Choc Chip Nice-Cream makes the perfect healthy dessert or 3pm pick-me up! Just don't forget to double the recipe so you don't have to share (or make it and devour it while the kids are at school!)
Vegan, Refined Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 T (heaped) of Peanut Butter
- 1 T of Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 T of Dairy Free Choc Chips (We use HONEST TO GOODNESS, substitute with Cacao Nibs if you like)
TOPPINGS - we used melted Dairy Free Chocolate, Coconut Flakes and Cacao Nibs. You can use ANYTHING you like - Cacao Crunch Granola would be a perfect addition!
- Place banana, peanut butter, almond milk and vanilla in a high powered food processor (I use a thermomix) and blend on medium speed (5) for 20 seconds or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add your choc chips and gently stir them through the nicecream.
- Place into a serving bowl and add toppings of choice - we drizzled over some melted dairy free chocolate and topped with cacao nibs and coconut flakes.
- Eat immediately and ENJOY!
NOTE: you can double, triple, quadruple, etc, the recipe to make more than a single serve. Just blend the mixture a little longer in step 1.