BERRY & BEET SMOOTHIE BOWL
In case you hadn't noticed yet I am completely and utterly obsessed with SMOOTHIE BOWLS!
If you haven't had one before, a Smoothie Bowl is basically a thicker, more edible version of your usual smoothie and its loaded with toppings making it a filling and nutrient dense breakfast option. I'm forever trying new combo's and toppings which I can't wait to share with you all!
This BERRY & BEET Smoothie Bowl ticks so many boxes for me... its bright, vibrant, rich in antioxidants, loaded with vitamins and minerals and so incredibly tasty! The beetroot in this recipe helps the body with detoxing, immunity, liver function, and as it contains folic acid it is excellent for pregnant women!
I hope you enjoy eating this as much as I did!
Vegan, Refined Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 C of Frozen Berries (I used mixed berries)
- 1/4 - 1/2 Fresh Beetroot (peeled and diced)
- 1 T Peanut Butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 tsp Maca Powder (omit if making this for children)
- 1/4 C of Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional - 1 T sweetener (maple syrup, raw honey, rice malt syrup)
TOPPINGS - we used pomegrante, strawberries, passionfruit and Cacao Crunch Granola. You can use ANYTHING you like!
- Place all ingredient in a high powered food processor (I use a thermomix) and blend on medium - high speed for 30 seconds or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Place into a serving bowl and add toppings of choice - we used pomegrante, strawberries, passionfruit and Cacao Crunch Granola.
- Eat immediately and ENJOY!